Founded in 2013 by JCI Makati Princess Urduja, Pinay Power seeks to unite all female chapters and female members of mixed chapter in organising topics pertaining to women.
It is the longtime goal of this project to gather involvement from male members in participating in pro-women efforts. It is an awareness campaign that introduces and educates the different situations of women across the society and hopefully as a result would create a dialogue between the leaders and the community.
This is a project that aims to increase membership growth and empowerment of females within the organization –built with a strategic set of activities that would inspire
A national Project of JCI Philippines, Pinay Power stared with two of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals namely: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all (#4) and Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls #5). Now, by positively evolving the Pinay Power Program we focus on three more UNSDGoals: By Educating people on Maternal and Child Health (#3), Promoting Economic Growth for women on all socio-economic status (#8) and Building a community fee of Racial Inequalities (#10) making the project more applicable to the modern Filipina.
Pinay Power is a program with series of activities and trainings geared towards women empowerment:
1. Access to education, knowledge and livelihood
2. Targets to end discrimination, violence and harmful practices
3. Opportunities of leadership through participation and decision-making, and
4. Universal access to sexual and reproductive / maternal health and reproductive rights
1. To continue and make the Pinay Power Summit Awards bigger
2. To increase the membership of female members
3. To empower our female members and female community